Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hello World

Welcome to my newest blog. I will be using this blog to post recipes and food discoveries that I like with you all on the internet.
A bit about me: I recently got diagnosed with Type 1.5 Diabetes. I didn't even know such a thing existed. In reality, it doesn't. It just means that I don't fit the standard type 1 or 2, but since I am young and fit and live a healthy lifestyle, doctors don't want to call me a type 2. It's been pretty frustrating trying to figure out what's going on, how to treat it, and modify my life to remain healty. One of the biggest changes that has come out of all this has been my diet. I was pretty healthy before, ate a vegetarian diet, didn't eat a lot of processed foods, and exercised pretty regularly. So when I came down with all the symptoms and googled what was wrong with me while labs wer being done, I hoped it was pernitious anemia or something like that because I couldn't fathom how I could be diabetic.
Long story short, it's been about a year. I have diabetes and I have had to modify my eating. I eat meat now, all kinds of meat, small quantities of nuts, and lots of vegetables. I no longer eat dairy of any kind, fruits, grains, legumes, sugars, and the like. So for the most part this blog will incorporate the recipes of foods I can eat. They are not meant to promote my restrictive diet, but instead to share food that tastes good, is pretty darn healthy, and discuss ways to make dishes that, unaltered, would be out of the question for me.

I hope you enjoy. Please share any ideas or awesome recipes that you have. I am always hungry for good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment